Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Our Belief

7/12/2016

Hebrews 9.27-28 27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

It is said, if a person is born once, he will die once; but if a person is born twice, he will live twice. Jesus was born twice: once in life, and then again in eternity. Jesus is the Only One who was born again from the dead, that is the magnitude of His sacrifice for us. In our society today, fewer and fewer people believe that.

We are all destined to die once. The life we are given has an expiration date on it. But whether or not we live again depends on whether or not we accept Christ’s sacrifice for us. We are destined to die once; our old bodies are going to wear out and pass away. But the spiritual part of us will live forever. Don’t know how, just know that it does.

In Ecclesiastes 3.11, Solomon wrote: [God] has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. We are destined to be eternal, but only those who accept God’s way will be granted eternal life; those who don’t will have eternal death. No threat, no warning; just reality.

The gift of God to the one who believes is, Himself. In Him we live and move and have our being – for now. The gift of physical life now, prepares us for the gift of eternal life then; but only to the ones who believe it will be. Belief in what God has done is crucial. It is courageous. It is commanded.

It is not our belief that makes what God has done a reality, but it is our belief that gains us access into that reality. The Book is the Book, and the reality, the reality; but we must believe despite what all the world says against it.

So, Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him. That’s a big statement. And only believers get it. When Jesus comes again, He is coming for the faithful who believe.

Friends, I believe. I believe, not for you, but for me. I pray for you, but I believe for me. I ask God to open your eyes, but I believe that what Jesus did, He did for me… and will do for you. Yes, I am going to die and face judgment. But I stand on the eternal sacrifice of Christ to defend me against the judgment of sin and death. Jesus was sacrificed once to open the way for His return with salvation for all who trust in Him. What’s done is done. Do we believe?

Father in Heaven, I do believe. I don’t carry malice or vengeful hatred for those who don’t; but I do believe. I await the Return that will bring salvation for those who are waiting for Him. Father, I believe. May I live that message, and share it with others. May they hear and believe for the Gospel is Your power to everyone who believes, and all lives matter to You. Amen.

No comments: