Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Courage, Come!!

12.04.13

Ephesians 1.1 1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, To God’s holy people in Ephesus, the faithful in Christ Jesus...

Part of our problem is we don’t see easily ourselves the way God sees us, nor do we completely understand just what it is God is up to in our lives that is so stinking important. But it all starts here: by the will of God.

When is the last time I woke up and said to myself: “Here, I am, who I am, and here is the new day, by the will of God!”? You see, unless I understand (and accept) what is woven, by the will of God, into the fabric of my being, I won’t wake up and say, “…by the will of God.”

That’s why we have the Ephesian letter, Paul was reminding them (and us, and me) what the truth really was/is! Do you think many in today’s political realms give a crap about you or me or our faith? Probably not. Do you think many in the media, or the arts, or higher education really care that you and I are who we are, and why we, are because of the will of God? Probably not.

It doesn’t mean there aren’t the believing sons of God in the realms of politics, and all that other stuff, but it certainly does mean that the world cares little about the will of God (unless it is to blame Him for some misfortune.)

The good news is: that God cares about you and me and “His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, according to his eternal purpose that he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Chapter 3.10-11) Funny how most rulers and authorities (whether here or in heavenly realms) don’t give a crap about what God is up to or what His eternal purposes are for you and me…

Today, the filter through which I am to view my life is this: by the will of God. I am to accept what He, Himself, calls me and to live accordingly. I’m to daily summon the courage to believe that I am who I am by His will regardless of what anyone else says! It’s my calling to say: Paul Turk, son of God, an employee of ACE Hardware in Baker City, Oregon, by the will of God. Can I believe that? It’s true.

Today, I am to summon courage to believe God in the face of all this world has to offer through people who don’t give a crap about God. I think it’s more important to live that way, than to live in fear and cowering of what will be the next stunt somebody somewhere pulls. My defense is to believe what God says about me, and how I’m to live in the knowledge of what He says.


Father, today I read that You got this whole thing going so that You could demonstrate Your incomparable wisdom in doing what You’ve done to, for, and through tiny little people like me – by Your will. You’ve willed that I live to the praise of Your glorious grace, and that I am marked in Jesus with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, Who is the deposit guaranteeing my inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of Your glory. In You today: Courage, come!! Amen!

No comments: