Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Lord Sing

3/15/2016

Zephaniah 3. 17 The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness; He will quiet you by his love; He will exult over you with loud singing.  – Zephaniah

This verse got me through the day. God sings. Can you imagine? I mean the Ancient of Days singing? I truly have a hard time thinking of that in my puny little mind. And not only does God sing, He sings over us. And not only does He sing over us, He sings over me. I’m taking that one to the bank.

God truly is in our midst, but what is more, He is in the midst of me (okay, and you too). God has chosen to dwell in the heart of man; each man’s heart. His residence is in us by the Spirit He is. So, imagine the vulnerability and courage of God – He is much closer than we think. And of all the things God could do, He sings over His children. Old Zeph said God sings loudly over us. That just blows my mind.

I’ve been in a coupla places a couple times when someone has sung to me – it’s awkward and uncomfortable. At least for me. Cathy and I were in a restaurant in Mexico once and a couple dude s came in and sang a song to us. Where does one look when someone sings a song to them? At the singers? I mean it was a love song. Does one look at the ceiling, the floor, their hands? It’s awkward. Then he asked me to pay… all that awkwardness just evaporated… I was thinking: I been had…

And how does God sing? Does He sing with a big booming voice? Does He sing and look into our faces – into our hearts? Or does He just sing truth over us? Does He just sing truth? I can identify with those thoughts. (I think…) I’m glad there’s a voice in heaven singing loudly over me. I don’t know if I heard the song today, but I sure heard the truth. It took the sting out of today.

Sometimes, the truth is awkward. But sometimes, just sometimes, awkward isn’t so bad. I still can quite wrap my head around the truth of the Almighty belting one out: eternally. But in my mind today, I’m glad. I needed to know that truth today.

Father, whatever Your song sounds like, I’m glad You sing it. I’m glad You sing over the whole family – I’m glad. Lord tune my ears to the truth. Lord sing. Thank You

No comments: