Friday, July 11, 2014

What They Fear

07.11.14

Isaiah 8.12 “Do not call conspiracy everything this people calls a conspiracy; do not fear what they fear, and do not dread it.” NIV

There’s lots of bad news out there – the paper hold their folded faces to the floor, and every day the paperboy brings more. Perhaps we have the choice to listen to it, or to ignore it. Perhaps we are to pay prayerful attention to it – or to ignore it. God told Isaiah: don’t fall for it – you keep your eyes upon Me.

I see what appear to be dreadful warning signs on the horizon. I see times of difficulty coming on a people used to having their own way and used to looking the other way. There are, in my little sphere of influence, more and more claiming the end times. Perhaps. Maybe. Welll…

Fear has been something in my life ever since I can remember. I once really feared God and when I finally gave Him my heart, my fear of Him went away. My fear of other things has diminished, and even the thought of death isn’t really such a big deal anymore;what happens, happens. But the fear-mongers among us would have us eat from their hand and drink from their cup. And every day the paper boy brings more.

I started reading the Bible according to the S.O.A.P. method in 2002. In 2002 I read, according to my reading plan, Isaiah 8-10 and Hebrews 8. I hadn’t a clue then of the things I know now. The America then wasn’t as bizarre as it is today – at least not to me. But here we are, twelve years later and the America I see is an America is the throes of a wretched disease which appears terminal. And most folks just don’t seem to care. I care because I care about the Church in her myriad expressions – I am one of the myriad. Many church-ians I know, just don’t seem to care. I’m concerned.

But to Isaiah, who watched from the front row seats as his own country went down the drain, God said: “Do not call conspiracy everything this people calls a conspiracy; do not fear what they fear, and do not dread it.” In other words: Keep your eyes on Me big boy – I got the situation well in hand… I’m glad Someone does; because everyone else seems too scared to move or too moved to care…


Father, I hear Your voice loud and clear today: Relax child – I got this! I hear Your words to my soul: “Do not call conspiracy everything this people calls a conspiracy; do not fear what they fear, and do not dread it.” Okay, Lord, I won’t. Just help me to focus on what is important and to help others along the way. You are God and You’ve promised that You’ll take care of Your people. I’m glad. Thank You. Amen.

No comments: