Thursday, June 27, 2013

Bad to Worse

06.27.13

2 Timothy 3.12-13 Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, 13 while evil people and impostors will go on from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. (ESV)

Events of our day cause me to wonder just what is going on. It seems the godless agendas of men just keep succeeding and advancing. It’s easy for me to get dismayed because there seems to be no stopping it. But according to this little place in the little book of 2 Timothy it’s going to get bad and then get worse. It’s supposed to be this way.

Again, it’s easy for me to get distracted and dismayed…unless. Unless, I simply accept that right is right and wrong is wrong and the two will never ever get along. Wrong will have its day and it seems it has been having that day for centuries. But this world was never meant to be the end, and man has proven over and over that his bent toward evil is nearly unstoppable.

And those who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted. It’s supposed to be this way. Wrong is a mean little bully that will stop at nothing to get its way…

The only salve for what my eyes see is Christ. The only peace to calm my distracted and dismayed mind is Christ. My only refuge is His presence and it’s worth pushing through the persecution because there is the other side of persecution: Christ.

So, men will do what men will do but my refuge and purpose in life is to live a godly life in Christ Jesus who took this world as it was not how He wanted it to be. Bad will go to worse but I am to remain steadfast in my position with Him no matter how worse it gets…

And my prayer:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next. Amen.

Father, from the bad You only ever bring good and from the good You always bring life. Help me to keep my eye focused on the prize remembering no matter how bad things seem to be, You are not worried or dismayed or caught off guard. May Your will be done and may Your children stand strong in You. Amen. Again.

No comments: