Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Peace Power Provision

6/14/2016

Philippians 4:6,7; 13; 19
6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
19 And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. – St. Paul

I happened to read these words today and what timely words they are. I have found myself on a certain path, and today is a test of what I read in the beautiful letter to the Philippians.

Paul said, that by refusing to be anxious, but using prayer, petition, and thanksgiving we’re to talk to God about our issues – all our issues. And when we do that, the peace of God becomes ours. Peace is what quiets our hearts and causes us to get our focus back and our confidence.

Then, in focus and confidence, we regain our power (which is necessary in the overpowering of the flesh) to give God glory and praise in His coming to our aid against all that is in us that rebels against Him. We need power to do that, and that power comes from faith, belief, and the hope, that no matter what is going one, Jesus is right by our side. It isn’t power to create or destroy, but the power to deal with the strongholds of thought that would deny the presence and peace of God.

The sum of all this is simply provision; God provides what we need, and when we need it. If we need peace, it is ours by giving to God those things that are bigger than us and beyond our ability to cope. If we need wisdom and the right way to go, God gives us those things as we humble ourselves in dependence upon Him. If we need resolution, forgiveness, and grace, then those things are ours as we turn to God and seek Him for the supply of those things. If God is for us, who (even ourselves) can be against us?

So no matter where the path leads, there are these three things as our companions: peace, power, and provision. Don’t be worried about anything – even the things of your own doing. In all situations give it to God and trust His peace will attend. You and I can do all things through Christ who strengthens us to silence the voices of doubt and unbelief. And God will provide everything we need in the battles we face so that the victory of faith will be ours.

Today, O God, Yours is the presence, the power, and the glory forever and ever. Today, I am entrusting the struggles I have to You, and I am leaving them there because they are too big for me to handle, and what I really need is Your peace in the presence of them. I am trusting You for the provision I need and cannot get on my own. Peace, power, and provision – these are gifts to Your children and I, for one, am grateful – Amen.

No comments: