Sunday, December 13, 2015

The Will of God

12/13/2015

Hebrews 10.36-38 36 For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised. 37 For,
“Yet a little while,
and the coming one will come and will not delay;
38 but my righteous one shall live by faith,
and if he shrinks back,
my soul has no pleasure in him.”

Jesus is coming back – He’s promised to. So, as surely as we expect the sunrise, we can expect the return of the Messiah. In the meantime: grace. Grace upon the sons and daughters. Grace upon those who’ve passed and those who’ve yet to be. Grace on the children, grace on the enemies; grace upon the whole ball of wax until grace is poured out on the new heavens and the new earth (Revelation 21.1-7).

I had a thought this morning: who will stand in the gap for the sinner on the Day of the Lord’s return asking of Christ: Lord, have mercy – they didn’t know what they were doing!

I’ve always seen the return of Jesus as triumphant, as it is and will be, but where will be the ones to the very end whole will intercede for the sinner and say: Jesus, save them at last, or, will God’s people be too focused on the Party of parties?

I think the need in this world having read Hebrews 10 and 11 today is: Lord, may I keep praying and interceding for the lost, that somehow they may be saved – even to the eleventh hour, fifty-ninth minute and fifty-ninth second. Amen.

In what I do for a vocation, as in my life, I’m to keep at it. That doesn’t mean to keep doing the same failing thing, but keep doing and trying and seeking other methods, that even at the end of all things I’ve done my best and left God to do the rest. Who will speak up for the Lost on the last day? Something to think about.

In America, our culture is predominantly selfish and self-focused. Who’s standing in the gap for such people? Or am I as a believer too selfish and self-focused on my own salvation that I turn my back on the selfish and self-focused who cannot see and cannot believe? Have I prayed for ISIS today or do I uncaring, happily leave them to God’s wrath? Where is grace, where is mercy; where is intercession? If not me, then who?

If we have done God’s will by praying in faith for the lost before that great and dreadful day, then why would we stop doing God’s will on that great and dreadful day? I think we’re to pray until we’re told to stand down.


Lord Jesus, Your word has smacked me today! I’m not sure how it works but it seems there is a time for repentance in the tiniest sliver of time, and because of that I pray to be found faithful praying for the lost until You say to stop. I know You are coming soon, and I know You love all people and desire for all of them to come to You in repentance and faith. May I do my part, Lord. Find me faithful in that – amen.

No comments: