Monday, February 6, 2017

Be and Do

2/6/2017

Acts 13.22 “After removing Saul, he made David their king. God testified concerning him: ‘I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do.’” – St. Paul

Today, I am struggling to see more clearly what it is the Lord has for me to do. I know that is secondary to what the Lord wants me to be; but I know there is something He wants me to do.

I know He wants me to be faithful. I know He wants me to be obedient. I know He wants me to be ready. But I know He wants me to be a man after His heart. That is an important calling for everyone.

In this chapter of Acts (13), the Holy Spirit is active in the lives of the people at the Church in Antioch and He calls them to set apart Paul and Barnabas to go out for a season of mission’s work. And so, Paul and Barnabas go and do as they are set apart to do. And while they are out there, one day in a place called Pisidian Antioch, Paul teaches in a local Jewish synagogue, and he mentions King David.

David was called to replace king Saul. No problem, except king Saul was still king. In those days to be called to rule was one thing; to be called to rule when another was already ruling was another.

But David, did what God wanted him to do. It wasn’t easy but he did it, and he did it trusting God along the way. David, more than anything was a man after God’s heart. More than anything David wanted to have all of God he could have. And fumbling and stumbling and tumbling along the way, David did everything God wanted him to do.

I think God is still looking for that kind of person today. I think God wants everyone to be people after His heart. I think that is what He is calling me to be – so that I can do everything He wants me to do.

Father, my heart is for Your heart and my dream, goal, and purpose at this time in my life is, like David, to do everything You want me to do. Send me out today with Your words, Your direction, and Your fellowship. Help me to do all You’ve called me to do. And I will learn to thank You and praise You along the way. Amen

No comments: