Friday, September 16, 2016

The Victorious

9/16/2016

Revelation 21.7 7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. – God

Of late, I have been part of numerous conversations about salvation: From what are we saved? To what are we saved? What is the point? I think the answer may be closer than we think: Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be My children. God is about two things: relationship and victory.

The victorious are not necessarily conquering heroes; more likely, they are the faithful. They are the ones who hang in there, and hang on for dear life. The victorious are at battle continually with the world, the flesh, and the devil; no small adversaries. The victorious see this life only as a war-zone. They are not looking for rest and relaxation at present, but believe the promise above: [the] victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children.

The victorious are true to God and His promises, and they are true to themselves.

Billions of people never consider the promise of God to the victorious. Part of the victory is simply submitting to God and His desires. That’s more than a lot of people want to do. God still strikes fear in many merely because they feel as if God is going to ask them to do something they don’t want to do; or take from them something they don’t want to give. All God asks of the victorious is their heart (that deep inner part of them which eagerly submits to His will, way, and wisdom).

I must carefully consider my place in the victorious. Am I a victor or a victim? Do I implicitly trust God and accept His promise that if I stick with Him throughout this life, I will inherit all He has for me in the next? I am called to victory; I was created for victory. That means living life differently than the average Joe who views God more as a genie, than a Friend.

God is my Greatest Cheerleader. If there is anyone in the universe crying out for my success, it’s God. I get a little uncomfortable saying He has created all of this for me; but it’s true! He has! The duty of the believer is to walk in victory not allowing the pull of this life to keep him away from the promise of the next. The duty of the believer is to keep God’s promise in their heart that this world, with all it has to offer, is a wretched shadow of the next where all will be as it was truly meant to be: with God! “‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” (Ver. 4)

Father, thank You for the promise. Thank You for the inheritance. Thank You that there is a place for the victorious. May Your promise be my guide and may my life be an example to others that You have made a new place for those who keep Your word and believe in Your promise. Amen.

No comments: